The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) requires all foreign flight students obtain a student visa.
In order to obtain a student visa, follow these instructions.
The documents mentioned below must be scanned and e-mailed to either your representative or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW
- The completed forms (listed below). These forms must be completed in their entirety. The forms must also be signed.
- A copy of a current passport. The passport’s expiration date must be at least one year from the date of the application.
- Ability to demonstrate that either you or your sponsor have the financial wherewithal to successfully complete the training program, to include meal and housing expenses
- You must also pay an enrolment fee of US$500.00. Payment can be made via
- Credit card (e-mail ADF for a credit card authorization form)
- Wire transfer (e-mail ADF to get account number information)6. Pass an English proficiency interview with the Chief Pilot of ADF AIRWAYS Personal or by Skype for student that English is their second language PROCESS FOR AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR EMBASSY Once we have received your e-mailed documents, your estimated entry date, and have processed your application fee, we will issue you an I-20 form. The I-20 will be mailed to the address listed in the original application.When you receive the I-20, contact your embassy or consulate to begin the process of getting an appointment for the student visa approval. You should already have an idea of what you need to do since you would have contacted the US Embassy as stated in the previous paragraph. As a general rule, you will want to take your passport, I-20 and acceptance letter, original bank documents, and proof of financial means to your appointment. Note: The consular or embassy secretary will ask you for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) number. This number is located on the I-20 toward the middle of the page and on the right hand side.While waiting for your appointment date, you will need to pay a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee (I-include credit card and a check from a US based bank.)
- This fee is a requirement for entry into the US and can be paid via https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee. Methods of payment
- Once you secure an appointment with the US consulate or embassy, call ADF to make sure they are aware of the appointment date. They will also provide you with helpful information, which will make your meeting with the US embassy or consulate as easy as possible.
- IMPORTANT: You must arrive 30 days before the date specified in your I-20 in step 5.
- While we are processing your application, it is very important that you contact your country’s US consulate or embassy to determine the necessary steps to acquire an appointment with the USA Embassy. In addition, you must determine how long it will take to complete the process. Knowing this information will allow us to tell INS the approximate date of your arrival in the US. We will need this approximate entry date in order to complete your visa application. Is very important that you give us an approximate date of arrival in the format
- Complete a basic math skills competency review (this is an ADF Airways requirement)
- Submit a certification proving you completed at least your senior year of high school
What do I do once my student visa has been approved?
Once you have your student visa (M1), you will need to begin registering with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). TSA registration must be completed at least one week before traveling to the USA.
Dear student Please remember that the visa you are applying for is an M1 vocational visa, keep in mind through all the process to prevent mistakes with the application make sure you confirm with the Emigration officer you are issue an MI visa, in case of an error you should let them know
Please do not leave your approved copy of the I-20 at the embassy. Failure to present your copy of the I-20 will result in denial of entry into the US.
When your student visa is approved, you must scan the visa and send via e mail to email@example.com.
You will have 30 days from the approval date to travel to the United States. You MUST enter the US before the date specified on your I-20.
Entering the US
To enter the US, you must have in your possession
- Valid and Current Passport
You MUST report to ADF Airways no later than 48 hours after your entry into the US. When you arrive at ADF, you will be enrolled in our program. You will be fingerprinted in order to complete the TSA process. You will also be briefed on the requirements to maintain your student visa.
All enrollments will be in compliance with US government rules and ADF policies. The US government requires that all students on a student visa must:
- Study or train for a minimum of 22 hours per week, and a minimum 5 days a week.
- Not work in the US (remember, an M1 visa DOES NOT allow you to work in the US)
On enrollment, the student must deposit $10,410.00 into their ADF account. Of this $10,400, $5,410.00 will be reserved for the ATP Jet training course (part of our training program). The remaining $5,000 will be used for your Private Pilot Course.
When your Private Pilot Course balance is reduced to $500.00, you must deposit another $5,000. The deposit requirement assures that you can continue training and also assures that you remain eligible for any discounts you were given when you enrolled.
Payments cannot be made with cash. They must be made by credit card or, wire transfer, or certified bank check.
Important: Once you receive the passport with the M1 Visa, you must complete immediately your TSA process (Instructions included). Don’t forget to scan and upload your passport and new M1 Visa in step 4 of the TSA process.
In addition, ADF requires all foreign students wear uniforms while in training at the school.
Student Visa Duration
The I-20 has a 12 month duration. Your training course should take between 10 to 12 months to complete. Any student who has been in the country for more than 10 months and has not completed training will need to be evaluated by the Academy’s board of directors before being granted a visa extension. If you are approved for an extension, you will need to make a $1,000.00 payment and submit any relevant documents.
Leaving the Country while on a Student Visa
As a general rule, students will only be allowed to leave the country on an emergency basis while in training travel may be approved upon completion of the following courses:
- Private Pilot (Maximum 2 weeks)
- Instrument (Maximum 2 weeks)Unless a family emergency with a proof.
- NOTE in case the student does not take one of this vacation, cannot be taken at other time
Students will also be permitted to leave the country during the Christmas Holidays (December 22nd to January 5th)
What if my Visa application is rejected? Will I get a refund?
If, for any reason, your visa application is rejected, ADF Airways will refund your US$500.00 enrollment fee minus a US$100.00 processing and courier fee. In order to get your refund you must comply with the following:
- Return the I-20 to ADF Airways. The I-20 must be returned within 30 days of the rejection notice.
- Attach the official rejection letter, which will state the reason why the application was rejected.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at (305) 233-6648