VISA PROCESS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
PROCEDURE TO COORDINATE AN APPOINTMENT IN THE US EMBASSY
Once you gather all the requirements that are specified bellow, ADF will elaborate through SEVIS the corresponding I-20 form that must be presented at the US embassy during the visa appointment. (We suggest inquiring at the US embassy of your country of residence all the requirements, fees and steps that the student will have to fulfill to obtain the M-1 student visa. Don’t forget to ask how long this process will take.
The student must specify the intended date of arrival to ADF in the form below. Without it ADF won’t be able to issue the I-20. Please note that the student must arrive to the U.S.A 30 days before the date specified in the I-20 form.
SEVIS PROCESS FOR AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR EMBASSY
After receiving the I-20, please enter in the following link: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/ . Here you will have to pay the SEVIS fee (SEVIS fees may vary without previous notice in your country of residence). The student must present the payment confirmation at the US embassy during the interview. The SEVIS ID is on the first page on the upper left corner of the I-20 form, this ID usually starts with N0123456789.
In addition, during the interview at the embassy, the student must present the School acceptance letter, original bank statements, passport and proof of economic resources.
When you receive the I-20, contact the US embassy or consulate in your country of residence to begin the process of getting an appointment for the student visa approval. You should already have an idea of what you need to do since you would have contacted the US Embassy as stated in the previous paragraph. As a rule, you will want to take your passport, I-20 and acceptance letter, original bank documents, and proof of financial means to your appointment.
Once you secure an appointment with the US consulate or embassy, please call ADF or contact your commercial advisor to make sure they are aware of the appointment date. They will also provide you with helpful information, which will make your meeting with the US embassy or consulate as easy as possible.
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN THE I-20 FORM, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW
- 5X5 cm US VISA PHOTOGRAPH
- The completed forms (listed below). These forms must be completed in their entirety. The forms must also be signed.
- A copy of a current passport. The passport’s expiration date must be at least one year from the date of the application.
- A certified bank letter from any world banking institution demonstrating that you or your sponsor has the financial resources to pay for the whole course and live in United States without having to work. This letter must demonstrate that you have an amount equating to a minimum USD $10,880.00
- Signed estimate
- You must also pay an enrollment fee of US$600. ADF Airways accept payments using credit cards and wire transfers.
- For credit card payments, please email ADF Airways a credit card authorization form.
- For wire transfer payments, please email ADF Airways in order to get the account information.
- Submit a certification proving you completed at least your senior year of high school
- Pass an English proficiency interview with the Chief Pilot of ADF AIRWAYS Personal or by Skype for student that English is their second language
- Complete a basic math skills competency review (required by ADF Airways)
NOTE: REMEMBER THAT THE VISA YOU ARE APPLYING TO IS THE M-1 FOR VOCATIONAL STUDENTS. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND DURING ALL OF THE APPLICATION PROCESSES THAT WILL BE COMPLETED VIA INTERNET TO AVOID ANY INCONVENIENCE. IT IS NECESSARY TO CHECK WITH THE CONSULAR OFFICIAL THAT THE GRANTED VISA CORRESPONDS TO THE M-1 VOCATIONAL STUDENT VISA. IN CASE OF A MISTAKE IN YOUR VISA TYPE, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE EMBASSY AGAIN TO REQUEST A CORRECTION. IN CASE OF ENTERING THE STATES WITH A DIFFERENT VISA, YOU WILL HAVE TO RETURN TO YOUR COUNTRY TO MAKE THE CORRECTION.
WHAT DO I DO ONCE MY STUDENT VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED?
Once you have your student visa (M1), you will need to begin registering with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). TSA registration must be completed at least one week before traveling to the USA. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR APPROVED COPY OF THE I-20 FORM AT THE US EMBASSY. FAILURE TO PRESENT YOUR COPY OF THE I-20 FORM WILL RESULT IN DENIAL OF ENTRY INTO THE US. When your student visa is approved, you will have 30 days from the approval date to travel to the US.
ENTERING THE US
To enter the US, you must have in your possession:
- Valid and Current Passport
- I-20 You MUST report to ADF Airways no later than 48 hours after your entry into the US. When you arrive at ADF, you will be enrolled in our program. You will be fingerprinted to complete the TSA process. You will also be briefed on the requirements to maintain your student visa. All enrollments will follow US government rules and ADF policies. The US government requires that all students on a Student visa must:
- Study or train for a minimum of 22 hours per week, and a minimum of 5 days a week.
- Remember: you cannot work in the US (remember, an M1 visa DOES NOT allow you to work in the US)
The students, parents or sponsors, must make an initial payment of US $ 10,880.00. The initial US $5000.00 is corresponding to start the private stage. When these US$5,000.00 reach a balance of US$500.00, the student must make the next payment of US$5,000 to continue his/her study process and keep the discounts offered in our price list. On the other hand, the US$5,880.00 is to anticipate the quota of the Jet Transition program. This payment must be made in advance so that Jet Dream continues to maintain the exclusivity of the course and the use of the simulators with ADF Airways. If the Student does not finish his / her process for some reason, there will be no refund. In exceptional cases, that the Academic Council will study the case and decide if its refundable or not. It is important for the student to be clear that this is a serious and rigorous process that will demand the best of their effort and commitment. ADF AIRWAYS DOES NOT RECEIVE CASH. PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE BY CHECK, BANK TRANSFER OR CREDIT CARD. The purchase of the book package is mandatory ADF won’t accept books from elsewhere. Training cost must be paid directly to ADF.
Important: Once you receive the passport with the M1 Visa, you must complete immediately your TSA process (Instructions included). Don’t forget to scan and upload your passport and new M1 Visa in step 4 of the TSA process. In addition, ADF requires all foreign students wear uniforms while in training at the school.
STUDENT VISA DURATION
The I-20 form has a 12-month duration. Your training course should take between 8 and 10 months to complete. Any student who has been in the country for more than 10 months and has not completed training will need to be evaluated by the Academy’s board of directors before being granted a visa extension. If you are approved for an extension, you will need to make a $1,000.00 payment and submit any relevant documents.